top of page

We Are Lennon-Aid

Each year, thousands of children across America and beyond are diagnosed with life-threatening, life-changing, and often-times fatal maladies.

Families with critically and terminally ill children are being inundated with the high costs of medical bills, traveling expenses, parking fees, dining expenses and more. Many of the families referred to Lennon-Aid have one or more parent on an unpaid leave and find they are unable to pay for even the basic necessities of everyday life.

Our mission is to financially assist families with critically and terminally ill children so that they can remain together during hospitalizations and treatments. Through donations and sponsorships, Lennon-Aid provides funding for mortgages, rent and utility bills, phone, grocery and gas cards, parking tolls and emergency needs including auto repairs,  housing for long distance care, airline tickets and much more. Additionally, hundreds of care packages are provided annually to make each hospital stay a bit more comfortable.



The Lennon-Aid Foundation was founded in 2016 on the first-hand experiences of Marci and Zack Walther. The Walther's experienced the hardship, heartache and stress that accompanies having a critically ill child.

Lennon Marguerite Walther was born March 24, 2015.

A few days shy of 6 weeks old, Lennon was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia.

Transported by ambulance immediately, Lennon began treatment at the

Children's Hospital of San Antonio. The day after Lennon's diagnosis, Marci launched a Facebook page, "Lifting Up Lennon," calling for prayer warriors and providing

updates through Lennon's cancer journey.

In less than a month, Lennon had over 24K followers from all over the world

lifting her in prayer. Lennon finished one round of chemotherapy as she bounced from the oncology floor to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (“PICU”) several times. Upon completion of the induction phase, doctors soon found that Lennon responded very well to chemo with an ANC of 0, within normal limits. Unfortunately, this wonderful news meant she would be more susceptible to other illnesses. With no white blood cells to fight from chemo,

Lennon's many viruses lead to fungal pneumonia. She was heavily sedated

and initially placed on a traditional ventilator to assist her breathing efforts

and give her rest.  A few days later, Lennon was placed on an oscillator

as she continued to decline.


Lennon never left the hospital after her diagnosis.


Lennon's warrior spirit offered encouragement, hope and renewed faith in tens of thousands of followers. After four weeks in the PICU, Lennon's doctors stated that there was no medical or scientific reason for Lennon to still be with us. June 1, 2015 her kidneys stopped functioning.


Placed in her mommy's arms, surrounded by family and close friends,

Lennon went to dance with Jesus.

This is all for our Tiny, Mighty, 8 Pound Warrior.

bottom of page